This article discusses some of the ways a user can acquire Bitum.
The five basic ways are:
- Purchase Bitum using BTC or fiat currency
- PoW mine for Bitum
- Participate in proof-of-stake voting
- Contribute to Bitum
- Sell or trade goods or services with someone who already has Bitum
There is a variety of ways to purchase Bitum listed on the Bitum website.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges enable swapping another cryptocurrency for Bitum
- Direct exchanges allow Bitum to be purchased with fiat currency
- OTC (Over The Counter) traders allows large purchases of Bitum at a fixed price
Mine for Bitum (PoW)¶
Proof-of-Work (PoW) is a measure of using computational power to create and verify the cryptographically secure blockchain. This is similar to traditional Bitcoin mining. PoW mining is described in more detail here.
Participate in Proof-of-Stake Voting¶
Proof-of-Stake (PoS) voting is performed by stakeholders who lock a certain amount of their BITUM in return for voting rights and a monetary reward. PoS voting is described in more detail here.
Contribute to Bitum¶
Bitum is currently recruiting contractors - members of the community who are paid in Bitum for their contributions. Check out the recruitment page for details and how to get involved.
Sell/Trade Goods or Services for Bitum¶
If you are an online merchant, there are some payment processors listed on the Bitum website which can help you accept Bitum payments. Some of these payment processors can also provide integration with major e-commerce platforms.
An alternative way to obtain Bitum is to use your skills, knowledge, or experience by exchanging services for Bitum as payment. Services can be anything that you are skilled at which are in need or requested by other members of the Bitum community.